We loved the green paint, but I wanted to try out an idea that had been rambling about in my brain for a while. We put in wood flooring and changed out the light fixture. We also put up new window coverings. My favorite project however was the change to the walls. I went to Salvation Army and bought an old partial set of encyclopedias. I spent several hours going through them and cutting out pages that interested me. Next, I got to work with my handy bottle of Mod Podge Working with one page at a time, I spread a thin layer of Mod Podge on the back of the page and stuck it to the wall. I put another thin layer over the top. I kept working, overlapping page edges and corners until I had covered the whole area. I spent extra time on the outside corners to be sure the pages were stuck well. Then I let it all dry. I did have a few air bubbles that I tried to smooth out as I went. Some I had to pop with a pin and let the air out. There are a few wrinkles too, but once it was dry, you could not tell. I really love the look of it. It expresses my interests and is perfect for my office/library. I’ve heard of people doing this same technique with sheet music.
I love the slight yellowing on some of the pages.
The finished product makes me smile :)Pin It Now!