Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tic Tac Toe

The other night I dreamed about a tic tac toe board made with scrabble tiles.  (I am obsessed, it’s true.) When I woke up, I realized it was a pretty good idea.  I hunted through my craft supplies and went to the store for a few items.  Here is what I came up with…

IMG_7307IMG_7312

I knew if I just used scrabble tiles, the game would be rather small.  I wanted to have it out on my coffee table, so I had to figure out a way to make it bigger.  I decided to glue the tiles to larger wooden circles to create each piece.  I already had the board itself.  Mine was cut into tiles, but you could do the same thing on a flat board by painting the lines.   

I painted the board brown and the circles black.  I painted in the lines on the board.  I used E6000 glue to attach the scrabble tiles to the wooden circles.  I sprayed each piece and the board with a clear protective coat.  I used x’s and o’s, but you could use different letters.  The first initial of two peoples names would be fun too.  Here is the end product…

IMG_7314 I am quite happy with how it turned out.  Anyone want to play a game of tic tac toe with me?

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment