Thursday, June 9, 2011

Picture Hanging

IMG_4684

We have a large wall with a vaulted ceiling in our family room.  After we painted the room (don’t you just love the red?), we knew we wanted something dramatic that shared a bit about our family.  We decided to go for a nice photo collage.  My good friend Janelle came over and helped me lay out the pictures and then hang them on the wall.  I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out.  We chose pictures of our family through the years.  It’s fun to look at how much everyone has grown.

Here are the steps we took:

1. We started by laying them all our on the floor the way we wanted them to look on the wall. 

2. Next we took a picture of them so that we could refer to it as we hung each one. 

3. We centered the large family picture in the middle and worked our way out. 

We had an additional challenge.  Our walls are not sheetrock, they are plasterboard.  It looks like sheetrock, but it sure is more difficult to work with.  Sheetrock anchors do not work on it, so I went hunting for something that would hold my pictures up.  I found a great solution.  Have you ever seen these?

IMG_7433 IMG_7436

They are called Monkey Hooks and they come in different strengths.  You can use them on sheetrock too.  You push the straight end into the wall and feed it in until just the small hook on the end is hanging out.  I hung all of our pictures with these.  If you want to remove them, you just pull it back out.  It only leaves a small hole.  Great invention!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Love the collage! I've never seen the monkey hooks before. I'll have to keep my eye out for them - sweet invention!

    ReplyDelete